Mac & Cheese Ingredients:
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
5 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups grated gruyere cheese
2 pounds of fusilli pasta
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Light Sour Cream
Real Bacon Bits
Diced Grape Tomatoes
Mac & Cheese Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter a lasagna dish and set aside
- Heat milk over medium heat.
- Melt butter in a high-sided skillet. When it bubbles, add flour, continuously whisking cook for 1 minute.
- Add hot milk to flour/butter mixture, continue whisking until it bubbles and mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt, nutmeg, black pepper, cayenne pepper, 3 cups of cheddar cheese and 1 1/2 cups of gruyer cheese until melted and mixed. Set aside.
- Cook fusilli pasta 2-3 minutes less than suggested on package.
- Add pasta to lasagna dish, pour cheese sauce on top and stir together.
- Top mac & cheese with remaining cheddar and gruyere cheeses, then with breadcrumbs.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
Check out our Link Party Page to see where we link up each week!